Monday 11 June 2012

Colton Fly Company - The best fly rods you have never heard of?

So my first fly rod was a bust.  Just the price for being cheap I guess.  While the shop was excellent in replacing the first defective one the replacement they sent me was defective out of the box.  I chalk it up to poor quality control.  It is really too bad, the rod was very nice.  As you can see the epoxy was just a mess.

So again my quest began for a decent inexpensive fly rod.  Well after (quite) a bit of researching on the interwebs I came across Colton Fly Company.  A few quick searches on Google and I had more positive feed back about the products and customer service than I could have expected for a company I had never heard of.  So I submitted a few questions through their website.

The response came so fast I was amazed.  Bob answered my questions and more. Between Bob and all the info I gathered on the net I was ready to buy.  I placed an order for a UD Blue Tradewinds 7 and a 9 weight.  I can't wait until they arrive and I can get out and fish again.

Colton Fly Company is currently having a 40% off sale!  I don't know how long it will last so jump on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment