Monday 15 July 2013

Big surprises in little water.

Last night my family and I were fishing off the dock for snapper.  I've been haunted by a black grouper that has been stealing fish off our lines.  I was looking under the dock to see if it was around when I saw something out of the ordinary.  It was a Goliath grouper.  Just a juvenile but it had to be close to 60 pounds and three feet long.  I managed to get it to eat a dead pinfish but failed on the hook set.  Hopefully it will come back and give me another try.

Today we went out and the girls were fishing when a 30 or so inch Barracuda came and tried to grab the fish my oldest was reeling in.  That was a very surprising sight, and a little scary.  We were snorkeling in the canal just a couple days ago.  I've rigged up my heaviest rod with 50 pound braid and 66 pound steel wire.  I'm ready for anything!

No comments:

Post a Comment